Hair extensions can look really beautiful when you first come out of the hair extensions salon. If you want to keep them looking the same way, though, you will need to take proper care of them. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Always brush your extensions before and after you wash them. For optimal results, start from the ends and continue brushing towards the scalp.
- If your hair and hair extensions have been dyed, buy a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and apply them gently every time you wash your hair. Do not use a volumizing shampoo, as it may only cause unwanted tangling.
- Wash and rinse your hair with warm water only to help your scalp absorb the shampoo’s hair nutrients. Rough scrubbing and very hot water can only harm its structure.
- Do not over-wash your hair. Two or three times a week is more than enough. Otherwise, your hair will become very dry and your scalp – oily.
- Do not use silicone-based hairstyling products.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair, because it can tangle. For longer hair, it is even recommended to braid it before you go to sleep. The same rule applies when you intend to swim. Chlorine and salt are no good for hair extensions, so apply a conditioner whenever possible before swimming, and don’t forget to braid your hair.
- Avoid combing your hair while you blow dry it, as you may lose some of your extensions.
For more tips, contact the hair extensions salon TK Hair Salon at (972) 210-3199. You can also pay our Plano, TX salon a visit and see firsthand what we can offer you in terms of services and customer care.